Remaining open for business: Statement Regarding COVID-19 Essential Services Shutdown
Ink & Toner Solutions & Northampton Computer Repair will remain open for business during the COVID-19 Essential Services order issued by the MA Office of the Governor.
Per the Governor’s order to close all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services”, the guidance provides that certain categories of businesses may continue to operate brick-and-mortar locations provided that they “follow social distancing protocols for workers in accordance with guidance from the Department of Public
The following categories of essential services apply to our business:
- Customer service and support staff, including managed and professional services as well as remote providers of support to
transitioning employees to set up and maintain home offices, who interface with customers to manage or support service environments and security issues, including payroll, billing, fraud, and troubleshooting
- Installation, maintenance and repair technicians
that establish, support or repair service as needed
- Client service centers, field engineers, and other technicians supporting critical infrastructure, as well as manufacturers and supply chain vendors that provide hardware and software, and information technology equipment (to include microelectronics and semiconductors) for
- Workers supporting communications systems and information technology used by law enforcement, public safety, medical, energy and other critical industries
- Support required for continuity of services
- Commercial retail stores that supply essential
By reducing our staff via alternating remote and in-store operations, implementing an hourly & daily sanitization protocol and social distancing, and observing all CDC and local guidelines presented to minimize the spread of COVID-19 infection, we are operating within the guidelines of the Governor’s emergency order.
We’re asking all of our customers to follow some new policies and take note of our new operational decisions:
- Ordering online or by phone for printer supplies or printers is recommended (for everyone’s health & safety). We can provide curbside pickup if you prefer not to have things shipped or come into the store.
- We may only have one technician in-store at a time for pick-ups and drop-offs of devices for hardware problems, please bear with us if there is a small wait.
- Remote support sessions are preferred and available for customers whose computers are running and have an active internet connection, please take advantage of this capability. You can start a service ticket here.
- We are disinfecting hourly and daily and implementing barrier protection for device handling. Your device will be sanitized upon check-in as well as before returning it.
We understand the need for our customers to keep working during this time and are more dependent on their technology than usual so we will be here to help.
If we currently have your device in-store for repair, we want to assure you we will make arrangements to get it back to you in our regular turnaround time frames and even if the closing of our doors is required, we will arrange for pick up by appointment if necessary.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Everyone stay safe, healthy, and hopeful!